I took over this website project from another company, and it arrived with poorly coded theme templates, modules that were unused, PHP errors, no staging environments, and a slew of other problems that had to be fixed. I remember spending Christmas of 2011 at my parents house knocking out bug after bug in the Bugzilla installation I created for Intel to keep track of all the issues that needed to be resolved. I am the lead developer for the site, bringing in team members to help when needed. Tasks accomplished include:
- Apache Solr installation for full-text search
- Complete roadmap and release management
- Created from scratch a development environment and a staging environment on Intel-mandated Windows Server, and documented a complete workflow process for each review cycle that includes backup, mysqldump and re-import procedures, settings and database value mods to get all installations working and ready for development
- SEO and meta tags, both automated based on Tokens and specific to pages based on SEO expert recommendations
- Complete re-theme of front page which was throwing cross-browser compatibility errors
- Custom module development to enable landing pages used for events to accept and validate coupon codes for giveaway and raffle fulfillment
- Accomplished a site-wide rearchitecture of the content types which included coordination of interns, manipulation of legacy data that could not be lost in the process, and some major Views work to make sure site appearance stayed completely consistent from before.
- ... and more! :) just to name a few things.